Bank of Floyd
Our Proud History
Bank of Floyd was founded on February 24, 1951, with the consolidation of The Floyd County Bank and the Peoples Bank of Floyd County, whose roots date back to the late 1800s.
There was a merger and purchase in January, 1933 which reduced from four to two the number of banks in the County. Bank of Check was acquired by The Floyd County Bank. The Peoples Bank of Floyd County was the name of the new institution created by the merger. The Floyd County Bank acquired the resources of the State Bank of Check.
On July 1, 1996, Cardinal Bankshares Corporation, a one-bank holding company was formed with the Bank of Floyd as the sole subsidiary.
Locations near Floyd, VA:
5598 Unit-B Floyd Highway South
Willis, VA 24380
2145 Roanoke Street
Christiansburg, VA 24073 (540) 381-8121
101 Jacksonville Circle
Floyd, VA 24091
On The Web
Click a thumbnail for a larger version.